Costs vary if you are aged 19 or over. Some courses are free, depending on your circumstances, while other will require payment of a tuition fee. Advanced Learner Loans are available for Level 3 and 4 courses to cover these (see below).
Enrolment is based on payment of fees – acceptance of an offer is not a guarantee of your place on the course.
Please note that there may be changes to these costs through the year, dependent on changes in government funding.
If you are aged 19+ on 31st August 2019 then the course costs are as follows, depending on your circumstances:
- FREE for 19-23s if you do not have a previous full Level 2 qualification.*
- FREE for 19-23s if you are unemployed and already have a full Level 2 qualification.*
- FREE for 24+ if you are unemployed, whether you already have a full Level 2 qualification* or not.
- 19-23s can be co-funded if you are employed and already have a full Level 2 qualification* (you pay £1800), unless you are earning under £15,736.50 then it’s FREE.
- 24+ can be co-funded if you are employed (you pay £1800), unless you are earning under £15,736.50 then it’s FREE.
*Full Level 2 is five GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4, or its equivalent.
- FREE for 19-23s for Games Art, Games Technology, Digital & Interactive Media and Video Production & Photography if you don’t have a previous full Level 3 qualification.
- For those aged 19-23 with a full Level 3 qualification you will pay £4,670 per year for the above Games and Media courses.
- For those aged 24+ you will pay £4,670 per year for the above Games and Media courses.
- For Music courses all 19+ students will pay £4800 per year.
- If you are applying for Level 4 you will pay: £4,425
Advanced Learner Loans
Anyone aged 19+ can now apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of courses at Level 3 and Level 4. These loans have:
- no upfront costs for the learner
- repayments start the April after finishing the course;
- repayments don’t start until you are earning over £25,000 per year;
- loans not repaid within 30 years are written off.
More information on Advanced Learner Loans can be found in Financial Support below. Also check out this demo of how to apply online.