BFI Film Academy Short Course @ ACC Norwich
BREAK INTO FILM
Saturday 21 – Friday 27 October 2023
10am to 5pm daily
Access Creative College Norwich
(Bursaries available depending on eligibility. Contact us at [email protected] for more information)
Applications close 2nd October 2023
Are you 16-19, passionate about film and interested in a career in the film industry?
If so, the BFI Film Academy is for you!
Our BFI Film Academy short course is an introductory, hands-on filmmaking course designed to build knowledge and skills, alongside introducing the different pathways into the industry. It is a fast paced, fun and practical filmmaking experience, designed for anyone with an interest and/or experience in film who want a stepping stone towards further education, training and employment.
The course will be taught at Access Creative College Norwich in our bespoke media labs and production studios, filled with cameras, editing software like Premiere Pro, backdrops, lighting and more. The perfect place to take your first steps into filmmaking.
Participants can expect
- A combination of workshops, practical skills development, filmmaking and watching and talking about film.
- The opportunity to meet and work alongside industry professionals from various disciplines including writing, directing, production, sound design, editing and camera.
- To network with other young film fans from across Norfolk.
- To achieve an NCFE Level 2 Award in Preparing to Work in the Film Industry (find out more about the qualification here).
- To become part of the Film Academy alumni network and access exclusive opportunities.
In order to apply for any BFI Film Academy short course, you must:
- Be aged 16-19 years on the first day of the course.
- Be a UK resident.
- Have a passion or talent for film/making and an ambition to work in the film industry.
- Be able to commit to the duration of the course.
- Not currently be at university or enrolled at university when the course starts.
This course costs £25. Please contact us on [email protected] for information on bursaries and financial assistance.