GoLive is a core part of your study programme, developing your wider skills for work and life. We help you to reach your potential and find your path to the next big step, be that a degree, further training or the world of work.
GoLive is built around personal and professional skills, empowering you for future success. We do this via a weekly session and exciting activities, such as project-based work experience and encounters with employers and universities.
GoLive is also about showcasing and celebrating your talent. The GoLive Awards and Showcases at the end of the year give you the chance to be selected for an award, getting your work seen and judged by industry professionals.
GoLive is ACC’s Careers Programme providing CEIAG services for all students.
The ACC Careers Leader is Martin Smith
Martin can be contacted at [email protected]
You will benefit from weekly sessions designed to equip you for future success. At Level 3 GoLive is a journey of personal and professional development, generating skills and knowledge for your next steps in study, life and work. The syllabus covers:
- Inspirations, values and aspirations
- Identity and relationships
- Work and life skills
- Career planning
- Digital skills
- Citizenship and society
- Next steps and preparing for higher education
- Branding and presentation of work
- Going liveAt Level 2 GoLive is focused around an event project through which you will develop team working and project management skills.
GoLive activities are designed to take your learning to new places, meeting industry professionals, engaging in employer and charity projects and going out on visits. The main opportunities are:
- A Careers Week in March dedicated to projects and encounters to broaden your skills and experience. It features a Creative Project, an Industry Takeover where you will meet industry professionals and a Next Step Careers Fair featuring regional employers, entrepreneurs and organisations.
- An end-of-year Charity Project offering work experience via an employer brief. Previous partners have included RSPB and Young Minds.
- A Next Step HE & Training Fair featuring universities and apprenticeship providers.
- The chance to celebrate and showcase your work via the GoLive Awards & Showcases
- Free membership and participation in Creative UK’s Creative Coalition.
- Career action planning.
- Development of a professional profile site.
Work experience is vital for future success. It will give you valuable skills and knowledge and make you stand out from the crowd. GoLive Work provides a variety of work placement and work experience opportunities which are presented to students via dedicated website.
Working in partnership with Positive Steps, GoLive offers online personal careers guidance to all students who need help with their next steps. Guidance is provided by trained Careers Advisers and is an impartial service. personal careers guidance iis a bookable online service which provides advice and guidance for:
- Career plans and ambitions
- Potential barriers to success
- Next step goals.
- Support services and specialist resourcesIn addition to Positive Steps personal careers guidance, all students have access to services provided by the National Careers Service including personalised careers guidance and telephone and web chat support.
GoLive at ACC: Working with employers to build the future of the industry
We build in work experience as a key part of our GoLive bespoke careers service. Connecting our students with industry is of the utmost importance, and ensuring that the work placements we provide them are engaging, exciting and contribute to a well-rounded and rich educational experience is one of our biggest focuses each year.
We want our students to take what they learn in the classroom and try it out in the real world, developing their skills and growing personally and professionally through work.
And that’s where you come in. We’re keen to collaborate with key industry employers to prepare the innovative staff that will make up the future of your organisation and the wider industry through work experience. We also want to bring employers in on our curriculums to make sure the skills being learned match the skills that suit the needs of your business and fill skills gaps that are on the horizon.
At ACC we pride ourselves on being at the cutting edge of industry trends, training learners to be work-ready and prepared for the next step upon completion of their course, continuing the development of the industry and supporting the development of new career paths. The industry circle of new talent is vital and something we want to help maintain.
If you would like to find out more about taking on an ACC student for a work placement, or getting involved in our employer advisory groups, contact [email protected] today.